Greetings from Belgium. It’s official, I have died and gone to heaven, or at the very least Brussels.
As much as I’d like to go on and on and share a bazillion pictures with you (yes, I have officially been in Belgium one day, and I already have a bazillion pictures), I’ve only slept a handful of hours in the last two days (totally worth it by the way), and I’m on vacation, so I don’t feel much like editing said photos. Can you blame me?
In short, we’re going to get right down to it and review all my goings on in the last seven days, and then if I’m lucky, I’ll get to hear from all of you. Anybody else notice we had our best participation ever last week? I did, and you all rock, even if you’re not on vacation this week.
Let’s get listing:
- I logged forty-five hours at my 8 to 5 job.
- Extra hours on the job usually means less gym time, and last week was no exception. I did a Mixed Martial Arts and a Spinning class. It’s all good because I plan to get my run on in Belgium. I’m going Forest Gump all over Europe.
- I wrote and published three blog posts, all of which could be summed up with the phrase food porn.
- Speaking of food porn, I made Ramp Pesto with another one of my farmers market finds. I also proceeded to eat several bites of this same pesto before boarding a plane. Despite a thorough teeth brushing and mouthwash, I literally reeked of garlic. Good times, although maybe not necessarily for the guy sitting next to me. It wasn’t the Hubby on the first leg of our travels.
- I saw the movie Crazy, Stupid, Love while on the plane, and I will say Ryan Gosling makes for a visually enjoyable flight. I refuse to call him eye candy because he is not a piece of meat, because we all know I don’t eat meat.
- Speaking of planes, I traveled to Belgium which took an entire day (still totally worth it).
- I’ve been hanging with my favorite (and only nephew) who just so happens to share my love for bananas.
- I had a dinner and dessert date with an old friend (not in terms of years because that would imply I’m old, and we all know how I feel about that). It was fantastic to catch up and spend time with her.
- I went to a farmers market in Belgium, and I suspect that’s not too shocking. It’s also the reason for the bazillion pictures. I will absolutely be sharing more of these at a future date. In the meantime, this is a raspberry/strawberry combo with some wild asparagus thrown in for good measure. Afternoon delight, indeed.
- I had my very first Belgium waffle. They had all different kinds with crazy toppings, but I went straight up plain, although it’s worth mentioning they have sugar crystals baked right into the batter so calling them plain is the understatement of the century. It was fantastic.
It’s safe to say I’m living the dream, so enough about me…for now. I want to hear from all of you, so get you link up on and get listing.
Have you ever had Belgium waffles from Belgium? What’s your favorite way to exercise on vacation? Do you still exercise?