It’s amazing to me just how quickly weekends fly by. It’s not right really, and I wish I had a magic wand where I could slow down time and also manage to get an extra hour or two of sleep, per night of course. Hell, I just wish I had a magic wand, maybe covered in something sparkly and one wave of it would grant me an additional hour a day. Ah, the things I could do in that hour, like my nails, which I swore I was going to do this weekend. More time would be a beautiful thing because it means I can make more lists, accomplish more stuff, cross more things off of said lists, and then recap it for all of you. Aren’t you lucky? Or maybe I’m just selfish. Or perhaps not since I want to share the fun. Come and join the link up party and Get Your List On (it sounds kinda hot right? Just me…hmmm).
Need more details?
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure, and really who doesn’t like pleasure?
Want in? Here’s how, in list form because it’s only fitting.
The Week In Review Link Up Rules (Dun, Dun, Dun):
- Your post should be about all the things you accomplished in the last seven days. I share all my goings on starting on Monday and proceeding through Sunday, but you can pick your own date range because let’s be real, I’d have no way to know if you veered off course. Besides, veering off course can be fun, and far be it from me to stop the fun.
- Your post can be about food, social outings, workouts, home improvement projects, fun excursions, none of the above, or all of the above. The idea is to recognize all the things you accomplished in the past seven days. It’s an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back. Plus you get to write in list form, which rocks my socks. Although if you want to stick to prose go ahead; it’s your world.
- You’ll be able to link up starting on Monday morning, and the link up will stay open until Friday night.
- Add the Week in Review button to your post, and link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets.
Enough about the rules. Let’s get back to me. Er, I mean let’s get listing.
- I made granola because I always make granola. It’d be weird if a week went by, and I didn’t get to play with some nuts (insert raised eyebrow here). This latest batch was Orange Cranberry Granola with pecans and sliced almonds. Recipe to come soon because I know you all like to play with nuts too.
- I visited the West Side Market, which is a Cleveland landmark and foodie heaven. If you like food (and really who doesn’t?), and you are ever in the Cleveland area, the West Side market is for you. Go there and be prepared to swoon.
- I picked up my very first CSA share (squeals with delight), and I will be revealing more of that green goodness in the near future. I’ll give you a hint. Salads are very in right now, and I am super hip. Obviously.
- I started a pot garden, and despite my most recent trip to Amsterdam, I’m talking about tomatoes and hot peppers. I’m not sure what you were thinking. Dirty birdie.
- In anticipation of a banana loving Southern house guest, which really are the best kind, I cleaned the entire house from the top down last week. Confession, I didn’t clean the basement. Instead I roped it off like an investigation because nothing says “welcome to my home,” like crime scene tape or maybe I just skipped that part of the tour.
- I made risotto for the first time, drank some more beets, and paired some of my fresh farmers market strawberries with lemon ricotta. Talk about a perfect spring dessert. I’ll take four please.
- Speaking of fours, I worked out four times last week. I shall list them (of course) in the order they were achieved, which trumps alpha today: a mixed martial arts class, weight lifting (Beefcake), a hot yoga class (holy sweat batman), and a three mile run through the park, which isn’t too shabby for a non-runner. Feel free to do a little booty shake in my honor. I sure did.
- I had a heart to heart with my cat Max and set down some boundaries. I’m sure he understood perfectly and will behave as expected from here forward because cats are great listeners. Everyone knows that.
- I went to a farmers market. Yes, this was in addition to picking up my weekly CSA share and going to the West Side Market. My name is Meghan, and I’m a fresh, local, produce loving-aholic. I can’t help myself; it’s a compulsion.
- I also went to the Botanical Gardens and then spent some time acting like a lounge lizard with this pretty lady because as much fun as doing stuff can be, chilling is pretty sweet too. Especially when you’re chillin’ like a villain.
That’s it from me, my friends. Now I want to hear from all of you so link up and get listing. The more, the merrier.
What did you accomplish in the last seven days? Are you a fresh, local produce loving-aholic? We could form a support group.