July was a crazy month.
We had all kinds of family in town. We entertained multiple weekends in a row. We attended over the top anniversary parties, and then we went on vacation for a week straight. Can you say spoiled rotten?
Suffice to say, I’m pretty sure I haven’t worked a full forty hour week in almost a month, and it’s been just as long since the Hubby and I were the sole occupants of our house; excluding the three cats of course, and as vocal as they can be, I’d be hard pressed to exclude them. Seriously Oscar, the baby of the bunch, is a complete and total whiner. I didn’t think it was possible for cats to whine, but he has proved me wrong.
In any event, all that changed last week when I was shoved full force, back to reality again. I’m telling you this because my Week In Review is a reflection of my return to normalcy; or as normal as I can get, which isn’t saying much.
Let’s get listing.
- I hit up a farmers market. It’s been weeks since my last visit, and I missed those guys. For real, and as much as I wanted to buy everything in sight, I have a fridge packed with produce so I only came home with the necessities: garlic, red skinned potatoes, and Feta and Pepper Jack cheese. Far be it from me to pass up cheese.
- I worked at least forty-five hours on the job, including a midnight to three a.m. stretch just for kicks. I know how to rage.
- I kitty cat sat for the in-laws, which meant their garden was fair game. Can you say, “Score,” Better yet, image me like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons, rubbing my hands together and muttering “Excellent” under my breath.
- The Hubby and I drove to New York on Saturday for family dinner. We exchanged more Tough Mudder stories, shared our bruises, and then drove home a handful of hours later. It was totally worth it.
- I had a kitchen dance party on Sunday, which involved just over three pounds of green beans. I think freezing produce should always involve a little booty shaking and this song.
- I did our finances and paid the bills. It’s a boring job, but somebody’s got to do it, and regularly I might add.
- I made muffins using the in-laws tasty blackberries and some deliciously ripe bananas. Of course, the recipe came from Farm Fresh Feasts because I can’t get enough of her muffins. That sounds naughty, and now I’ve tainted her reputation. I kinda like it.
- I got the house in order, which included putting away all the things which seem to accumulate from out of nowhere. Seriously where does this crap come from? I also vacuumed the entire first floor and some rooms twice, because my felines are shedding machines. Three cats in the summer time is no joke.
- Speaking of the felines, we did some catching up this weekend in the kitchen. I think they really came to watch my kitchen dance party and with my moves, who can blame them?
Cleaning, freezing, farmers marketing; these are a few of my favorite things, or really what happens when I’m back to reality. Enough about me, let’s hear from you.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review…good, you should be.
Here’s how it works:
- Your post should be about all the things you accomplished in the last seven days or so.
- Your post can be about food, social outings, workouts, home improvement projects, fun excursions, none of the above, or all of the above. The idea is to recognize all the things you accomplished in the past seven days. It’s an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back. Plus you get to write in list form, which rocks my socks. Although if you want to stick to prose go ahead; it’s your world.
- Add the Week in Review button to your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on.
- Or you can be like me and make up own your rules. If you can justify it, I’ll accept it. How’s that for lenient
What kind of normal things did you get up to this week? Anything out of the ordinary? Anything you’re particularly proud of? Tell me all about it; I love this stuff.