I actually like Monday’s. I know it’s weird; me and Garfield would never get along. Plus, I could whoop that cat’s tail, although it might be disturbing I’m threatening an imaginary cartoon character. Nevermind, I’m sure that’s normal.
Monday’s are a fresh start to the week, a new beginning so to speak. They’re also a second, a third, and sometimes even a fourth chance to finish all the things left on the prior week’s To Do lists. Yes, I rarely ever cross all the items off my list in a single week. Usually there is some rollover action happening, and Monday’s always make me feel like This Might Be My Week. Cue triumphant music.
After a weekend partially spent recharging my batteries, I have a renewed sense of purpose, vim and vigor. Maybe, just maybe, this will be the week I get all the yard work done (as if anyone could ever get all the yard work done) or maybe this is the week I steam clean the carpets. Sure, it could happen. It’s only Monday; anything can happen. The possibilities are endless.
While Monday’s represent wonderful new beginnings, they’re also time for the Week In Review, which is a chance to recap all the glorious things you crossed off the prior week’s list. It’s your highlight reel and a celebration of sorts, where you can reflect on all your accomplishments and relive those blissful moments where you took pen to paper and crossed an item off your list. Ah, the strike through; such sweet, sweet bliss.
On that note, let’s get listing:
- I worked forty plus hours on my mortgage paying job. Things are really heating up at the office, so I also did a one hour yoga session on my lunch hour to counter that. I’m incredibly fortunate to work for a company, which offers free semi-monthly yoga sessions.
- I managed to get back into my regular blogging schedule and finally put up a CSA post last Friday. It was a relief to get that off my chest. Speaking of my beloved veggies, I picked up my newest share last Thursday, and I need some good ideas for fennel. Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?
- I caramelized another batch of onions in the crock pot. You cut up your onions, throw them in a crock pot with a dash of olive oil and walk away. Seriously, it doesn’t get easier. Plus it makes your house smell phenomenal.
- I hit up the farmers market on Friday and scored some onions (hence the caramelizing), a cucumber and some fabulous cheese. I can’t wait to dig into these bad boys, and by bad boys, I do mean blocks of ♫ cheese, glorious cheese♫. I sang that last bit in my head and hope you do the same. I’ll wait while you go back and try again. 🙂
- I made a double batch of Lemon Blueberry Granola; half for the Hubby and three-quarters for me. My math skills are strong. I know I said I’d share the recipe for this, but until the lemon flavor up and smacks me in the face with every single bite, I refuse to declare it publishable. It’s really good; just not ready.
- I went to see the Hubby this weekend and attended his “White Coat Ceremony.” The ceremony is a big to do in pharmacy land, where all the budding young pharmacists are presented with their very white and wrinkly jackets. Next year, somebody needs to take an iron to those things before they pass them out.
- After the ceremony, the Hubby and our families went out to lunch. I got pizza. It looked great; tasted ‘eh. I’ve had better, and I’ve most definitely made better so I gave the leftovers to the Hubby. Lucky guy.
- I slow roasted an entire cookie sheet and a half of tomatoes. Well technically the oven slow roasted them, and it took a total of eleven hours. The end result is only one stinkin’ cup of tomatoes, and now that it’s done, I have no idea what to do with them. “That was a great use of my time,” she says, while dripping sarcasm.
- I froze some more shredded zucchini and a couple of ears of corn. A caterpillar came out of the corn, and I unknowingly blanched the poor sucker. Oops.
- To finish the week off right and partially prepare for the one ahead, I had a long soak in the tub yesterday, where pampering and a pedicure were prevalent. I also curled up on the couch with a hand-held bowl of some Creamy Potato Soup. It’s possible I froze a batch or two as well.
Enough about me. Let’s hear from you. Link up and get your list on.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review…good, you should be.
- Your post should be about all the things you accomplished in the last seven days or so.
- Your post can be about food, social outings, workouts, home improvement projects, fun excursions, none of the above, or all of the above. The idea is to recognize all the things you accomplished in the past seven days. It’s an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back. Plus you get to write in list form, which rocks my socks. Although if you want to stick to prose go ahead; it’s your world.
- Add the Week in Review button to your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on.
- Or you can be like me and make up own your rules. If you can justify it, I’ll accept it. How’s that for lenient?
What did you accomplish last week? Are you a fan of Monday’s? Any good ideas for slow roasted tomatoes or fennel?