Let’s chat. Go grab a cup of coffee or whatever morning cocktail floats your boat. Pull up a chair and get comfortable because I think it’s time we had a talk.
I know my mad listing ways can come across as a little OCD and a lot Type A. It’s because they are. I also know I can push myself to the brink. It’s happened before and here’s to hoping it doesn’t happen again. Raise your mug up high for this one because as crazy as I can be, I also really do like sanity, at least a good solid dose of it. It’s kind of important.
You see as much as I preach moderation (“A-Men!” she shouts in her best gospel voice), I’m not always great at doing it. When it comes to food, no problem, but when it comes to regular old living, well I’m a go big or go home type girl, and I don’t want to go home. That’s not true. I love my home, and I could happily live there for the rest of my life, but you get where I’m going with this right?
For me, it’s all or nothing. If I’m doing something, I am ♫ Doin’ it and doin’ it and doin’ it well. I represent Queens she was raised out in Brooklyn. ♫ Dammnit, how did L.L. get in my head. It doesn’t matter, he could stay there all day if he wants; preferable topless and in the Hubby’s shadow, of course.
There is no rest for the wicked or the weary, and there are days I fall into both of those categories. I don’t know how to do things halfway. It’s not in my nature, and as a result, I’ve had to learn how to counter that. I’ve had to learn how to chill the Ef out.
A few years ago this concept was laughable, but now I can actually say, despite my type A ways, I know how to relax without a shred of guilt. The change wasn’t easy and it certainly didn’t happen overnight, although I am definitely better for it because as much as I like getting things done, I also respect the fact my mind and my body need nothingness time too. Which is exactly what I set out to do this past weekend.
Therefore, today’s Week In Review is going to be all about Chillin Like A Villian. Take it from me; I’m good at this. Obviously.
- First things first, I channeled my muses.
- I kicked off a fire, at 10 a.m. on Saturday morning. Genius idea. I did the same thing on Sunday morning too because the only thing better than being a genius once is being a genius twice. Duh, except I suspect geniuses don’t use words like Duh. Thwarted again.
- I casually made Saturday pancakes for breakfast and by casually I mean it took hours because I was waiting for the shredded zucchini to defrost. I know the Pancake Queen has all these new fangled and fancy recipes, but I will tell you what, I am a fan of her old school versions. You should check out these Zucchini Bread Pancakes. She made a believer out of me.
- I slept a combined nineteen hours in two nights. Yes, the heavens opened and the angels rejoiced, and that wasn’t even when was I was sleeping…if you catch my drift.
- I watched far too many hours of great television. God, I miss the Gilmore Girls. Why Amy Sherman-Palladino did you have to bring it to an end, and why did you have to keep your name, while taking his, making this sentence unbearable long, albeit necessary?
- I sat by someone else’s fire on Saturday night.
- I let that same somebody else cook my dinner and send me home with baked goods. The only thing better than homemade baked goods is being handed a platter of homemade baked goods to take with you on your way. Yes please and thank you very much.
- I took my fireplace lounging to a different scene, and I caught up on my BlogLovin. Since I was just shy of 200 posts to read and I’m down to sixty-six, I’d say I put a dent in that bad boy. Now if the rest of you could just not publish any more posts for the next couple of days, I’d really appreciate it. M’kay. 😉
- I made a salad. A three ingredient salad which requires little to no work, but is super posh anyway. Blue Cheese, Ripe Pears and Walnuts. Simple elegance. I’m telling you, serve this to people. They will think you’re a culinary wizard and really you’re just taking advantage of produce at its peak. Here’s to you Pears. Pretty soon you’ll be joined by a partridge, but not just yet. Thanksgiving first, people.
- I did a little of this and a little of that. By this and that, I mean a lot more nothing. Sheer nothingness bliss.
- I reread Friday’s post more than once and was pleased as punch to see my funny resurface. Who cares if it took potty humor to do it. ♫ I’m bringing funny back. With flatulence because that’s my facts. Them other bloggers don’t know how to ass. ♫ Sidetracked by a little J.T. this time. I can live with that.
- I truly did very little cooking this weekend, except well, I made this specialty Mac & Cheese. From Stephanie Stiavetti and Garrett McCord’s cookbook: Melt: The Art of Macaroni and Cheese.
Recipe is coming soon to a blog near you. Stay tuned. Maybe I can even get L.L. and J.T. to help me promote it. Now that would be genius. Duh….Foiled again.
Enough about me. Let’s hear from you.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review?
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
How do you like to relax? Can you successfully do it without feeling guilty? For days on end?
This post is linked with Tasty Tuesday’s.