I probably should have started working on my introduction last night.
Instead I left it, along with the majority of today’s post for this morning, and since I only have a couple of hours before I need to be at the office, you could say I’m under some time constraints. Let’s hope I thrive under pressure.
Quick, let me channel the gods of wit, humor and maybe a little inspiration, so I can write a ridiculous funny, yet whimsical introduction.
Crap, I got their voicemail. They’re probably out frolicking or doing whatever it is gods do when they’re together, which means we should get right to it and perhaps gloss through the formalities….Week In Review….I Love Lists….warm and fuzzy….navel oranges….it’s like ripping off a band-aid.
Let’s get listing:
- I ate Everything Bagels three nights in a row for dinner last week. It was great fun until the Hubby made me promise him I’d eat a real meal. I grumbled….an awful lot. He tried to use reverse psychology on me and I still grumbled, and then I did something unusual. I listened, not that I told him that, and then shockingly, I did as he requested. It was delicious and….voice drops to a whisper, looks left and right, finds the coast clear…. he may have been right.
- Along with my sudden bagel addiction, I went on a spinach bender and consumed a giant vat of greens. Not Costco sized giant, but enough to power Popeye for a few days. Have no fears, I went out and replenished my diminished supply this weekend.
- I did a couple of group exercise classes at the gym, including one that left my glutes and quads beyond tender for days. I could barely parade around in my cute heels, and I definitely needed assistance getting up and down, but if it helps me develop some junk in my trunk, then it was without a doubt, worth it. ♪♫ You can do it, put your back into it. ♪♫ And now I’m singing, which I guess isn’t all that unusual seeing as the god of bad musical renditions is always available.
- On the silly side of things, the Hubby and I went to Light Up Lakewood where I met the Grinch and Buddy the Elf. It’s amazing what grown folk will do when they get around giant cartoon types. In my defense, there were a plethora of crazy creatures walking around, so it’s no wonder I succumbed to this.
- The Hubby and I picked out a Christmas tree and got it into the house, without incident, with emphasis on the phrase without incident. There was one time, years ago although the Hubby never lets me forget it, where the tree fell on me. Personally, I think he dropped it on me because I was complaining about the symmetry. Whichever version you believe, it ended with me on my back, sprawled out and a seven-foot tall, live Douglas Fir on top of me. I ended up covered in sap and not the good kind. I was so sticky I could have been a human burr.
- In that same vein, I hung the outdoor Christmas lights and unfortunately, I’m afraid that project isn’t over yet, although I did cross it off the list. I’ll be damned if I wasn’t getting that satisfaction because you see every year, without fail, half of my strands of lights don’t work. It doesn’t matter that I store my new lights in a neat and orderly fashion in the garage and believe you me, they are put away professionally, assuming a thing like that can be done professionally. Yet every December when I pull them out again, they don’t work. Bastards. I need Clark Griswold to come help a brother out.
- On the foodie front, I made a really delicious pizza using kohlrabi, caramelized onions and garlic scape pesto. Yes, this an odd assortment of ingredients for a recipe designed to set your breath on fire. Mission accomplished, and if it’s any consolation I ate this before visiting my with fairy tale friends above. No wonder they were trying to run from me.
- I broke into my winter Squash Stash and roasted some Acorn Squashes, which I turned into a puree and promptly refrigerated. Not because I want to eat it cold you crazy HLB bloggers, but because I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with it yet. Perhaps some Acorn Squash Blackberry Oat Muffins might be in order.
- Last but certainly not least, I worked way too many hours at my job, and to be honest I don’t see the pace slowing down any time soon. In fact, since I work in Accounting, it’s absolutely going to get worse before it gets better so there’s a good chance my blogging will be a little sporadic from here until mid-January. My blog reading as well, so be patient with me.
Enough about me. Let’s hear from you.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review?
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
What did you get done last week? Do you ever have trouble putting up your outdoor lights? Do you cross things off your list even if they aren’t totally done? Got any good ideas for Acorn Squash puree?