I feel a little like Stella getting her groove back.
Well minus the whole seeing Taye Diggs naked thing. Not that he has anything on the Hubby, of course. My man’s got a beautiful backside. Me-Yow.
See, I told you I was on a comeback; lots of mad monkey loving will do that. So will a handful of other things, and today I’m going to share those things, although I fully intend to gloss over the mad monkey loving bit since this isn’t that type of blog. I will tell you it started on the stairs though. Double Me-Yow.
Today’s Week In Review is going to be a lovely little stroll down memory lane (i.e. last week) to see specifically what or who (wink, wink) has been making my #vanillagorilla resurface.
Let’s get listing:
- I worked a more manageable forty hours on my jobby job last week and even found time to write and publish three blog posts, including one about my beautiful bestie: Holy Smokey Artichokey. That’s what I really wanted to name last Friday’s blog post, but the SEO gods held me back, which is why you shouldn’t worship false idols or something to that effect. Anyway, all the hail The Artichoke. D’oh!
- I had quite a few kitchen dance parties, which carried into the hallway and then the living room and back into the kitchen again. I’ll tell you what; it ain’t a dance party if you ain’t moving or if the Beastie Boys aren’t invited. ♫”Body movin’, body movin’. A-1 sound and the sound so soothing.”♫
- I had a delicious Lebanese lunch with friends, where they mixed slivered almonds and pine nuts in with the rice, and it took it to a whole ‘nother level. Trust me; we need to start a new trend here, if only so we can talk about our Nutty Rice.
- I went on a Costco shopping spree, where I managed to score twenty pounds of potatoes, twelve pounds of organic brown rice (I see some Nutty Rice in our future) and a pound and a half of baby kale. The spuds and grains will keep, but I suspect this week might be particularly cleansing. Gulp.
- I did some afternoon cat napping; literally.
- I weathered yet another brutally cold day, with the remnants of my cake eaten fireside. While it was nice to have a fire, I’m hoping this is the last one of the season.
- I watched the movie Argo with the Hubby and thoroughly enjoyed it and him.
- I made a Breakfast Pizza. It was my lunch for two days, and it was delicious.
- The single best thing last week, aside from my shenanigans with my main man, was getting my backside back to the gym for some destressing mental relief: Body Pump, Spinning and a zen infused Yoga class really helped my mental state. Plus I kind of look bad ass in Warrior Two.
And there you have it. Yet another exiting and exhilarating edition of the Week in Review. Hello, did you see my yoga pose? Me-Yow!
Enough about me. Let’s hear from you.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review?
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
What was the best thing you accomplished last week? What was the smallest thing? Do you want to start a Nutty Rice trend with me? It’d be total nuts.