This past winter has been long and hard (that’s what she said).
I can’t even make it past the opening sentence without being wholly inappropriate. I like to think that’s a good thing.
A digression: I’m getting a little bored with my own link up party. Don’t get me wrong, I love to talk about myself (said all bloggers, everywhere), but I grow tired of recapping the same shenanigans every single week because as fun and exciting as my life is (Pet Supplies Plus is my new hangout on Saturday nights at 8:15 p.m.), I’m doing pretty much the same stuff on a weekly basis. Work, eat, work, cook, work, blog, work, exercise, rinse and repeat. I still love the idea of a Week In Review, but I need to shake things up a bit, which is where the long, hard winter comes in, complete with bad sexual innuendos.
This week instead of moving full force into the minutia that is my life, I’m going to list out all the signs I saw in the past seven days that Spring has in fact sprung. Yep, I did say list because no matter how far I stray from my own link up ideals, there will always be my beloved lists. No one can take those from me; myself included.
Let’s get listing:
- My feisty felines are shedding their winter coats, and my home is a den of cat hair, not to be confused with a den of thieves. Isn’t thieves what you think when you hear ‘den of something?’ No, just me? Must be my Catholic school upbringing, complete with being locked in a closet, Carrie style. That last part totally isn’t true; I just wanted to see if you were paying attention.
- The farmers markets around here are starting to sell produce. The heavens opened and the angels rejoiced. I scored a dozen eggs, spinach, kale, some fabulous homemade soft pretzels and kale tips. I shall allow you to make your own dirty joke here. Dream big, my friends.
- I devoured my first spinach salad of the season complete with hard-boiled eggs and smoked cheddar cheese.
- I also indulged myself with Sweet Potato Chickpea Burgers and Roasted Rosemary Brussels Sprouts with Blueberries. Davida’s sprouts would be phenomenal for Easter dinner, and I’ll take Jenn’s burgers any day of the week and twice on Tuesday.
- This past weekend we were graced with beautiful seventy degree weather, which means I went running….in SHORTS, with the Hubby. It was completely unintentional and I was embarrassed the entire time, but apparently we are now the couple who dresses alike. Never again, never again.
- I also spent some quality hours digging in the dirt. My palms are covered in callouses, and my hamstrings are so tight you could string a bow on them (I have no idea if I’m using this phrase properly) and I love it.
- I got my first bug bite of the season, right on my left tata. What can I say? Bugs in my neighborhood have good taste.
- Speaking of firsts, I awoke to my first dead chipmunk In. The. House. this morning. I’ll spare you a picture, but I’m pretty sure at least one of my kitties must be Houdini because I have no idea how they got Alvin, Simon, or Theodore inside, through locked doors, while I slept peacefully upstairs. What I do know is that my houseguest will be handling the clean up because I don’t do chipmunk removal. See, there are consequences to staying with me.
- Moving onto more pleasant things, another sign Spring has sprung is all the lovely flowers in my yard. They make me happy.
- As does Summer Shandy, a celebratory drink for completing my taxes, with two days to spare. *blows on fingers and dusts off shoulder.
- Oh and the neighborhood woodpecker is back and banging away, in full woodpecker style.
On that wholly inappropriate note…it comes full circle.
Enough about me. Let’s hear from you.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review?
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
Please tell me how the cats got the chipmunk inside? through the locked doors? What signs of spring do you see in your neighborhood? Do you enjoy yard work, or digging in the dirt as I call it?