I’d like to play a little game today called Did You Know?
The idea of course is I share little tidbits of information, Out Loud, while simultaneously asking if you knew at the beginning of each one. It’s continuity in prose. Plus, it gives me a chance to use bullet points, which are pretty much the rebel step-brother to lists.
Speaking of, there have been far too few lists on the blog lately, especially since I laid my Week In Review link up to rest. We need to rectify that.
Let’s get listing.
- Did you know you guys gave me the loveliest feedback on my Writing Process post? Not to get all sentimental, although I’m going to, your comments really tickled my fancy, pleasured me pink and had me grinning from ear to ear. I had no idea you would find the subject so fascinating, nor did I expect all the compliments you doled out. Thank you. You rock, and I’ve got big love for all of you.
- Did you know I got a new tattoo last week, which I have dubbed Stair Burn? Yes, I fell down our staircase and brush burned the eff out of my arm. I like to think it makes me look tougher, and I can also safely say this is the first tattoo I’ve gotten where I’ve been of legal age and completely sober. Maybe I am growing up; such a pity he won’t last.
- Did you know I’ve been using my iPhone for ALL my pictures lately, including every single one in this post and most of my recent posts as well? I know I’m committing a food blogging/picture taking sin… and it really doesn’t bother me.
- Did you know it’s impossible to have just one white wine sangria?
- Did you know banana chips are an incredible add-on to salads?
- Did you know you should eat Quatro Formaggio pizza with your eyes closed so you can better savor the moment? Did you know being a food blogger means you no longer have any shame over public photo ops? Yes, the Hubby and I were seated at a community table when this went down.
- Did you know my Spring/Summer CSA has started. I picked up my first share last Thursday, and I am officially on cloud nine. I realize it’s early in the season, which means I’m still enamored by all the fresh and lovely produce. I suspect in another six weeks I will be cursing the veggie gods and questioning my sanity when my fridge and counters become buried beneath a layer of crops. It’s hoarders on veggies.
- Did you know despite my CSA haul, I still went to the farmers market the next day and bought more goodies, although I promised the Hubby I would hold off on purchasing anything green? He practically made me swear a blood oath and kept reminding me to stay strong in the face of the farmers’ beautiful bounty. It’s like he knows me or something. So I bought a bunch of carrots, even though I was fully aware we had a bag already in the crisper. I can’t help myself; it’s a problem.
- Did you know I’m toying with the idea of hosting another link up which incorporates farmers market produce and/or CSA love? It’d be a chance to showcase your local haul either through pictures of your score or through a recipe or a meal using the same.
- Did you know I struggle with ending posts? I generally try to sneak out while no one is looking, but then it’s all awkward for the people who are left, especially those who are asking after me. “Have you seen Meghan? I swear she was just here.”
Your turn. Tell me some of your do you knows. Would you be interested in participating in a farmers market, local love, foodie type link up? If so, do you have any good ideas for making a link up successful? I could use the help.