I have some sad news my friends.
Give me a minute; I’m a little choked up here; or something to that effect.
It’s time to bid a fond farewell to the Week In Review. I’ll be honest, my little link up celebrating some of my favorite things, lists and weekly accomplishments, never really took off the way I had hoped, which is not a reflection on my marketing skills or the actual concept. I’ve decided it’s not me; it’s you. I’m pretty sure you must be incredibly disorganized and disheveled in your personal life. It’s okay though, we’ve all got issues.
Before I say goodbye to my lovely and listing, not to be confused with lasting, link up, I must give a special thank you to all my die-hard (perhaps a poor choice of words in light of today’s circumstances) list lovers out there. The ones who came out and participated week after week. You know who you are, and I’m especially grateful for you. I suspect there will come a time when I’m torn apart with remorse for shutting down this little operation, but today is not that day. Instead we’re going to carry on with our heads held high and a list in our hearts, partially because I’m still going to write them and also because I’m not so great at accepting defeat. Now, excuse me while I go pout in a corner with my pretzel, that I don’t plan on sharing.
On that note, I’d like it if we all bow our heads together and have a moment of reverent silence before I embark on a post which will capture the Week In Review in all its essence. A stroll down memory lane if you will, one that speaks to the lists and the love.
Please feel free to imagine a bag piper or Amazing Grace being played in the background, or better yet, both at one time. Also, pass me a tissue while you’re at it.
Let’s get listing:
- My Favorite: The Party Planning Edition, where I channeled my own Mr. Burns in order to plan an excellent baby shower for one of my besties. The lists came out in full force in this post.
- Fan Favorite: The Godfather Edition. Apparently you like it when I go all horses head in the bed on you. You’re a lot kinkier than I thought.
- Critics Favorite: The Story Telling Edition. Remember that time I walked all over Ohio in order to win airfare and somehow lost my mind in the process. By the way, if you see him, send him back.
- Mental Health Favorites: The List Clarification Edition and Chillin’ Like a Villain, where we talk about why the world won’t end if you don’t cross everything off your list and ways to get your relax on.
- The Food Favorites: The Kitchen Edition and The Freezer Edition because no list would be complete if they didn’t include food or copious captions hovering over said food.
I’m not going to lie, I’m a little sad. It might be the pipers. They get me every single time.
Goodbye my Friend. I will miss you.
Humor me, and share your favorite Week In Review memory. Can’t think of one (for shame), then tell me why you love lists.