It’s no secret I love lists.
I also happen to have a pretty high opinion of myself when it comes to getting shit done.
In my not so humble opinion, I accomplish a lot in a single weekend or even your typical workweek, especially when I’m left to my own devices. When I get a chance to work uninterrupted, well then I’m a power house of getting ‘er done. This past week just so happens to be one of those weeks and before I toot my own horn, because believe you me I’m gonna, I have a confession to reveal first.
The Hubby has left me.
And he continues to do so on a weekly basis.
Of course I’m going for shock value here.
The real story is the Hubby, with my full support, is back in school working towards becoming a pharmacist. I always did have a thing for men in uniform, even if the uniform is a white lab coat. I wonder if he could snag me one, so I can turn it into the new “boyfriend shirt.” That could be hot.
Oops excuse me, I got distracted by my hormones. Now where was I….ah yes, the Hubby. While I couldn’t be more proud of him for pursuing a different path, his new school just so happens to be in another state, which means he lives there Sunday nights through Friday afternoons. On the plus side, it’s a neighboring state so he’s never too far away, and I get to see him on weekends, even if it does mean reviewing cue cards about the hottest legal drugs on the market.
Now just in case there is some crazy internet stalker out there getting wild ideas about little old me being home alone, you better think again. First you’d have to find me, and then you’d have to deal with me. Let me tell you, you don’t want to deal with me. I have an alarm system, my neighbors are the protective type, and the felines are secret ninjas who will claw your eyes out. Plus I sleep with a baseball bat, and I know how to swing it. Basically, I’ll mess you up. Ya wanna know why? Because I’m the Godfather.
Let’s get listing.
- The Hubby and I discovered a long-lost gift card to Melt Bar & Grilled, a local joint which specializes in grilled cheese sandwiches. Um yes please. I’ll take four, except their portion sizes are ridiculously over the top so despite my desire to eat everything on the menu, I only inhaled half of my sandwich, also known as The Godfather….aaaaand…it comes full circle. The Godfather includes three cheese lasagna, fresh fennel-oregano pasta sheets, hearty red sauce, and provolone, on garlic spiked bread. It seems fitting right; makes me feel all mob boss in a non-violet way (minus the baseball bat).
- I had a clandestine meeting with an old friend on Tuesday night, which is a big deal because I used the word clandestine and that automatically elevates things to gangsta level. Plus, I don’t normally go out on “school nights,” ignoring the fact I’m no longer in school. Mob bosses need their beauty sleep.
- I went back to the farmers market on Friday and despite the fact I have way too many on hand right now, I bought the pretty purple potatoes. Guess I’m swimming with the spuds now, which is fitting for the Godfather of Produce. Recognize.
- I wrote and published three and half blog posts.
- I went to the Hubby’s softball game on Saturday and made watermelon mojitos for the team. See, I share the wealth.
- I went to Sunday brunch with the in-laws. Huevos Rancheros Verdes here I come. I got a spinach tortilla topped with black bean puree, sautéed spinach, poached eggs, tomatillo salsa and cilantro lime sour cream. It was a meal fit for a Don.
- I got my bucket back to the gym and ended up teaching a spinning class. While I’m not sure how this fits with my gangsta’ persona, I do get to yell at people and that’s always fun.
- Since I ate out a lot this weekend, I had some free time in the kitchen, which meant I could really get my prep on and send the Hubby back to school with a cooler full of produce. I washed and froze a bunch of fresh herbs: cilantro, mint and parsley. I sliced, diced and got the salad fixings ready for the week. I hard-boiled eggs and whipped up a double batch of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola (I like to throw a banana on it and call it The Elvis). I made a ginormous batch of Crockpot Black Beans, and I shredded and froze another seven cups of zucchini, Three years ago, I didn’t even know how to shred zucchini and now….well, let’s just say when you are the Godfather of Produce, you sometimes do things you never thought possible.
- I put in forty plus hours at the office, where I finally started tackling a bunch of old projects; the kind that hang around for months, sorta like a rat you’re still trying to smoke out.
- I also ran a vacuum, washed bedding and folded laundry. I’m pretty sure I paid some bills, and I vaguely remember reorganizing my spice rack one exciting evening.
Basically when it’s all said and done, I was a mad list-checking, crazy-accomplishing machine last week, and it felt damn good. How about you? What did you knock off your To Do List?
Interested in participating in the Week In Review…good, you should be.
Here’s how it works:
- Your post should be about all the things you accomplished in the last seven days or so.
- Your post can be about food, social outings, workouts, home improvement projects, fun excursions, none of the above, or all of the above. The idea is to recognize all the things you accomplished in the past seven days. It’s an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back. Plus you get to write in list form, which rocks my socks. Although if you want to stick to prose go ahead; it’s your world.
- Add the Week in Review button to your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on.
- Or you can be like me and make up own your rules. If you can justify it, I’ll accept it. How’s that for lenient?
What did you accomplish in the last seven days or so? If you could change careers, what would you do?