You do know that I don’t always accomplish everything on my lists right?
Well unless it’s the grocery store list, and you can bet I get every item and then some.
My regular lists though, the day-to-day ones, well I rarely check all those items off, especially not in the same day. My lists are often quite lengthy and overly ambitious, so to knock every thing out same day would be a super human feat, and while we all know I have my super human moments (thumps chest wildly), they don’t always happen on a daily basis, despite what my ego keeps telling me. Or is that voice the impish little devil sitting on my left shoulder? Either way, I kind of like him.
There are entire days where I cross nothing off, outside of routine items such as Morning Coffee (one of my favorite list items), Work, Gym (another happy place, to be sure), Feed Cats, Feed Self, Publish Blog Post (Check!) because while these items make up my normal comings and goings, they’re an accomplishment in and of itself. They also take up huge chunks of time, along with the Internet, a strange and twisted place where hours and minutes go to die. Damn you Internet, damn you.
My point is sometimes you don’t get to cross all the items off your list and that’s okay too.
Take last week for example (it comes full circle), I didn’t really do anything on my list. Laundry: Nope, Cleaning: Nada, Cooking: what’s that? Blog Reading: Zilch, Grocery Shopping: Zip (gasp!), and Organizing: Zero (double gasp!). No worries; I’ll just throw those items on this week’s list and maybe they’ll get done. Then again, maybe they won’t.
In any event, while I didn’t get to my lists last week, my time sure went somewhere (outside of the Internet), and I still want to share. Of course I do.
So I say, “Let’s get listing:”
- I worked forty plus hours at my job, although I plan to work significantly fewer this week since the Hubby is home and on a break. I say ‘on a break’ lest any of you think he got tossed from school for sending me messages of his undying love via Cheez-It art. We’re going to overlook the whole processed snack cracker for the time being because I’m going affix myself to his leg, like a barnacle on a boat or like a dog with a bone. Giddy Up. Oh wait, that’s horses; eh, you get the idea.
- I did four fitness classes, including my beloved spinning, and I even signed up for a fitness challenge at the gym. Wish me luck, and let’s hope I can calm my crazy; we want no repeats of the walking program…well unless the final prize is worthy.
- I road tripped to Buffalo to see the family, especially our newest addition because I’m an Aunt again. I know little baby feet are just about the cutest things, but those teeny tiny fingers ain’t half-bad either.
- I managed, what shall now be known as the “Great Olive Oil Incident of 2014.” Long story short, the cats knocked over and broke a full bottle of olive oil in the kitchen. My counters, cabinets and floors have been scrubbed and washed countless times, but since they’re hard wood, they’ve seeped up the oil and are holding onto it for dear life. Case in point, when you step on a floor joint, oil oozes out of the slats. Never a dull moment in my household, and I guess I did do some cleaning last week, just not the kind I had intended.
- Even though I didn’t cook anything outside of a fried egg, I ate fantastically well. There were cheese sticks galore, lunches with seldom seen, but much missed friends, family gatherings, birthday margaritas, and Super Bowl parties. Yes, this introvert was out and about last week, although dinner one night was a solo glass of white wine and a box of cookies. Not surprisingly, this came right after the “Great Olive Oil Incident of 2014.”
So even though nothing on my lists, outside of the norm, actually got done, it was still a great week, and I rocked it. I’m also going to keep on rocking it this week while the Hubby is home (wink, wink), which means my blogging will be down to a minimum or non-existent. You understand.
I’ll see you on the flip side.
In the meantime, I want to hear from you.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review?
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
Do you always accomplish every thing on your lists? If not, are you okay with it? Do you include day-to-day routine stuff on your lists?