Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Huh, huh, did ya, did ya?
Acceptable responses here are yes, absolutely, of course, or the most fitting, I barely survived without you. Anything else is a violation, and violators will be prosecuted and forced to eat countless kale salads and green smoothies. Not a bad way to go if you ask me.
Simply put, last week was Absolutely Fabulous, not to be confused with the BBC’s Ab Fab despite my incorrect use of italics. Although since Blood Orange Mimosas and Catnip abounded, maybe I was channeling my inner Edina. Come to think of it, I’ve always identify more with Patsy, minus her whoring ways.
Then again, the Hubby was in town all last week, under my roof and in my lair, so to speak. It’s quite possible the heavens opened, the angels rejoiced and God spoke to me…in the voice of Morgan Freeman; obviously, because God should always be narrated by Morgan Freeman.
Alright enough with the introductions. You’re here to see what went down in my little world last week, and I plan to deliver. BAM! Sorry there’s been too much excitement or maybe just too much Emeril, which is kind of the same thing.
Let’s get listing:
- I only worked about twenty hours last week, taking both Thursday and Friday off from the jobby-job. I didn’t even check email during that time period because I’m a total rebel.
- I got a new champagne colored iPhone and a champagne colored case, which is ironic considering I lost my last phone due to too much champagne. Yes, and even tough as nails rebels like sparkly things. It’s funny how I just advanced from a rebel to tough-as-nails. God (i.e. Morgan Freeman) only knows where I’ll end up by the time this post is done.
- Speaking of pretty thing, I made a salad, which may not sound like much, but this is the first salad I’ve happily made in months. I went a little cuckoo for salads last summer what with my CSA and all, and I’m only now to starting to feel the love again… ♫”and can you feel the love tonight?”♫ Elton John can, and he’s serenading my salad.
In this corner, we have a bed of spinach topped with freshly crumbled blue cheese, berries, toasted walnuts and diced green onions. We have texture, flavor and bite. We have nutrient dense food and macros galore with protein, carbs, and the healthiest of healthy fats, especially when you top it with a touch of extra virgin olive oil and cherry balsamic vinegar. In the other corner…. well, there is no one else, but if there were, this salad would kick its ass.
Of course there are other ways as well, but since this isn’t that type of blog….. snort.
- Speaking of two plus, plus, plus inches, I got rubbed down by more than just the Hubby last week. An hour-long relaxation massage was just what the doctor order. Or at least what I ordered, but calling myself a doctor isn’t a huge stretch since I’m obviously qualified to do that. Tough as nails, rebel, MD; at your service.
- You know what else I’m qualified to do? Eat this delightful and delectable dish: Blueberry Baked French Toast with Goat Cheese, Walnuts and Blueberry Sauce. Made by my mother-in-law and enjoyed by me.
- I completed my first of seven fitness challenges at the gym, which was to run as fast and as far as you can in a five-minute period. So I did what any highly competitive non-runner would do. I stepped on the treadmill, jacked the speed up to 7.5 and hit it. Shockingly or really just stubbornly, I maintained my speed the entire time, although it didn’t come without a cost since I coughed up half a lung in the locker room when it was all said and done. My face also resembled a cherry tomato on roids.
- Speaking of running, I Skyped with one of my favorite nephews, who just so happened to run a 10K two weeks ago. Did I mention he’s only five? And willing to share his strawberries? It doesn’t get much better than that.
- Lest you think I did no cooking during my week of debauchery, mimosas and Nip, I made a Pot Pie and that shit ain’t easy. I also whipped up a batch of homemade vegetable stock, which promptly made its way into my Chickenless Noodle Soup, both of which are incredible easy to make, so I promise to share recipes in the very near future.
- I even managed my way through the minutia with cleaning, laundering, bill paying, vacuuming, wood stacking, and lots of lots of fire burning…in the fireplace. I’d say my loins, but then I might need to get myself to a doctor and the Hubby would have some serious explaining to do. 😉
Enough about me; let’s hear from you.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review?
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on. For more details, click here.
Link up and get your list on.
What did you accomplish in the last week or so? What was the easiest thing, and what was the hardest thing? (My responses would be the Hubby, the Hubby and the Hubby. Please Morgan Freeman; don’t let today be the day the in-laws start reading.)