My brain is a cluster fuck of thoughts right now.
For real, I’d probably give Sybil a run for her money. Or his money. Or their money. Or his mother’s brothers money. ‘Eh, you get the idea.
Instead of properly articulating my musings with words and whatever else people use to form proper sentences, I thought I’d just spew my thoughts out into the universe, much like the devil child Regan projectile vomiting in The Exorcist. Side note: my parents almost named me Regan. That might have been interesting.
Let’s get spewing:
- Do you remember Dot Candy? Oh man, I owned that stuff back in the day. I would eat it right off the sheet too. I didn’t care if I got paper mixed in, I ate it all. Nary a dot survived.
- Guess what? I found some Dot Candy when I was in Detroit last weekend. I bought it too, even though it stands for everything I despise in our current food culture. I’m fairly certain those pretty colored orbs are not actually food and they’re definitely chock full of the bad chemicals: Red Dye # 2, 5-426 and 569. I ate them all, one color at a time. Yes, one color at a time. I’m not a total monster.
- I picked up week two of my CSA, and I’m loving on all the greens. I’m pretty sure my intestines feel the same way.
- Speaking of things I love: this soap. Go get some. My girl Lindsey makes it, and I actually won a bar in her giveaway over a year ago. I finally got around to using it, and I’m kicking myself for not busting it out sooner. My hands feel as soft as a baby’s bottom. It’s like Butt-ah, only bett-ah.
- My comment response technical thing-a-ma-boppy is broken, which means you are no longer receiving an email when I respond to your comments. So if you thought I’ve been ignoring you, I haven’t; I promise. I actually respond to every single comment because engaging with the audience is half the fun for me. C’mon let’s talk.
- I love this picture. It makes me feel like I’m in a postcard. Also my neck looks long and lithe, like a giant gazelle because those guys pose in front of moving vehicles all the time.
(Photo Cred goes to the Screaming Spoon herself)
- I’m happy to live in a world where cards like this exist, especially when the gravy is sassy.
- Last but not least, a quick story… or quickish…this is me after all. Last week, in the very wee hours of the morning, I was quietly penning my post in the dining room, when I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. I looked up and out the window, only to meet the gaze of a very large deer. I did what anyone in my predicament would do: I grabbed my iPhone, and hurried to the window so I could snap a picture. This particular deer must have been camera shy because he took off in the opposite direction. I still tried to get a shot, and when I looked down, I noticed my little Oscar hiding in the hosta less than two feet from where the deer was originally standing. Oscar was looking back at me inside, and judging by his facial expression, he was saying, “What. Was. That. Thing? Save me momma, Save me.” I think he might have messed his pants too. Poor fella.
The end. Until next week mes amis…
Share some of your mental musings with me, and then check back because I will respond.