When I mentioned my rather rebellious rut earlier this week, I didn’t mean I was actually going to stop writing.
Good heavens no. I fully intend to blog my way through this dry spell if only because I’m stubborn, in a way that makes Tarzan look tame. Was Tarzan stubborn? ‘Eh, you get the idea. What I meant to say was I’ll still be penning posts. They just won’t be food or fitness related, although I may bust out an old recipe or two. I’ve got some hidden gems from long ago. I’m holding out on new recipes though until they’re seasonal or until Google Trends gives me the green light. Yes, I take advice from the great Google in the sky. It’s kind of creepy.
Moving away from all things creepy, Thanksgiving is right around the corner here in the States and only a month or so old for my Canadian friends. Which is why I thought it might be fitting to get thankful and share those things which make me feel all warm and fuzzy, aside from the space heater in my bedroom and my love of lists. There’s also no truth to the rumor I wanted to beat out all the other thankful posts which I imagine will be in full effect some time next week. Yes, in addition to being stubborn, I’m also competitive. Me and Tarzan are besties.
Let’s Get Thankful
- I gotta give the Hubby a shout out here, not in a sappy, sentimental way though because it’s so not my style, minus this one post from long ago. Nope for me, it’s the little things. When he’s actually home, he makes my coffee, shovels the driveway and engages in on demand monkey loving. What’s not to like about that? Plus, this Sunday marks our 18th year of exclusivity. He asked me out over a Pralines and Cream ice cream cone. I’d be a fool to turn that down.
- I’m thankful for all of you, my lovely readers. Engaging with you guys is what makes blogging so much fun and keeps me coming back day in and day out, or really three times a week, but who’s counting? Aside from me, that is. I do numbers for a living, so this is to be expected.
- Microgreens. I’ve been getting these nutritional powerhouses in my CSA, and I adore them not only because they’re freakishly delicious, but really because they make me sound way fancier than I actually am. A three cheese omelet with fresh herbs is appealing. Top that bad boy with microgreens and you’ve just brought your A game.
- Speaking of, I’m grateful for big ol’ Saturday morning breakfasts which include eggs, potatoes, fruit, and bread. “Why yes, those are microgreens on top of my omelet. How clever of you to notice.”
- Beeswax. Hear me out. I use this stuff when I’m cleaning. It makes things shiny, sparkly and smell good. Every time I use it though, some of it inevitably works its way into my hardwood floors, making some very, shall we say, slippery patches. Watching the cats skid across them pretty much makes my day. I told you; it’s the little things.
- Since we’re on the topic of cats, I am adamantly and vehemently opposed to them being on my kitchen counters. Sadly, they disagree. Hence, the beeswaxing. It’s urban warfare over here.
- I’m thankful for rainbows and unicorns. Obviously.
- Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. I am a fan of oats in baked goods. The Hubby is a fan of chocolate in anything, so these are the perfect pairing for us.
- This song, specifically. I sang it to one of my nearest and dearest years and years ago when they were in medically induced coma with an unknown outcome, so this happy little number carries some significant emotional weight for me.
On that extremely revealing note ♫, pun intended, ♫ it’s time to wrap this post up. Work beckons and so does a hot shower. My coworkers appreciate when I try to clean up for the office.
What are you thankful for in your life right now? What’s a song which carriers lots of emotional weight for you and why?