Happy Monday my fine friends. Today is a very special day, indeed. Not only is it a fresh start to the week, but it’s also time for the Week In Review, and I sure hope you’ll join me because we’re having a party; a link up party, that is.
Before I get to the link up rules, we need to break down what the Week In Review is all about. Let me start (ignoring the whole first paragraph) by saying, I enjoy lists more than the average person. Not only do they bring order to my OCD loving world, but they make me giddy and send shivers down my spine. If I have to write, I’d prefer it be in list form.
Some examples of my excessive listing ways are Things To Do Today, Things To Cook This Week, Blog Posts To Write, Things To Buy at the Grocery Store, Target, Drugstore, Books To Read, Home Projects To Accomplish, and well the list(s) goes on and on. Sometimes the Hubby even sneaks things onto my lists. Dirty Birdie.
As any good list lover will tell you, lists can simultaneously bring joy and pain. That magnificent feeling you get when you cross an item off the list cannot be rivaled (unless we’re talking bedroom shenanigans), but the items which still need to be crossed off can sometimes add a certain amount of pressure. Which is where the Week In Review comes in. It is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the past seven days. It’s an achievement list and one with the sole purpose of bringing pleasure.
Want in? Here’s how, in list form because it’s only fitting.
The Week In Review Link Up Rules (Dun, Dun, Dun):
- Your post should be about all the things you accomplished in the last seven days. I share all my goings on starting on Monday and proceeding through Sunday, but you can pick your own date range because let’s be real, I’d have no way to know if you veered off course. Besides, veering off course can be fun, and far be it from me to stop the fun.
- Your post can be about food, social outings, workouts, home improvement projects, fun excursions, none of the above, or all of the above. The idea is to recognize all the things you accomplished in the past seven days. It’s an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back. Plus you get to write in list form, which rocks my socks. Although if you want to stick to prose go ahead; it’s your world.
- You’ll be able to link up starting on Monday morning, and the link up will stay open until Friday night.
- Add the Week in Review button to your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on.
Here’s what I accomplished in the past week (happy dance ensues):
- I had a strategic planning session at my house. The date was Saturday, the topic: a Cinco De Maya themed baby shower (yes, you read that correctly) and the time was noon, which leads me to my next achievement.
- I vacuumed and cleaned the whole first floor of our house before noon on Saturday. I’m sure you all must think I’m a total clean freak (which is true), but if you saw the level of filth owning three cats brings, you’d understand. Alright the word filth might be an exaggeration, but there is literally so much fur flying around, I’m lucky I don’t choke on a hair ball. Hack, hack.
- I made Kirsten’s Orange Cherry Oatmeal Muffins, which was pretty much a foregone conclusion after last week’s What I Ate Wednesday. Go make these; they are amazing.
- I did four workouts: a Mixed Martial Arts class, a special Bootay workout, a Boot Camp class and a Zumba class, appearing in the order the classes were taken, which trumps alpha today.
- I worked umpteenth hours on the J.O.B., ya know the one that pays my mortgage and obscene grocery bills.
- I finally finished A Storm of Swords, the third book in the more commonly, albeit incorrectly, known Game of Throne series, and Holy Fuck. I’m sorry to be crude (not really), but if you read book three, you would completely understand. So much shit goes down in this book, I’m still in shock. I won’t ruin it for you, but I’m seriously stoked for the third season to debut on HBO next Sunday. Note to self: order HBO.
- I did our 2012 Federal and State taxes. Yes, I know how to rage.
- I wrote five blog posts and published four. Five minus four equals one. What the…yeah on that last one, it’ll be going down on Jessie Bear’s blog later this week, and I said going down on Jessie Bear. Awkward.
- I gave myself a manicure because my nails looked like they had been attacked by a honey badger.
- I made a cool Week In Review button for the blog and learned how to host a link up party. I am officially technically savvy, and I suppose announcing it makes me less savvy, but whatever.
- I made Strawberry Banana Bread, and it was pretty impressive. Of course, the recipe suggested you scatter some banana and strawberry slices across the top, and I was like, “as if,” and instead I very carefully and orderly placed my fruit just so; like there was any other choice. Quite frankly, I’m a little irritated the one banana slice seemed to step out of line. Visuals aside, he tasted fabulous and dare I say it? Yes, yes I think I will, “moist.”
- Since we’re on that topic, I also made lots of mad monkey love.
That’s what I’ve been up to. How about you? Let’s hear it. What did you do? Link up, tell me in the comments section, or why not go totally crazy and do both.
P.S. Instead of posting on Tuesday this week, look for me on Thursday…and Wednesday and Friday and Jessie Bear’s blog because I get around.