I can’t believe I’ve been back from vacation for a full week now, and yet I’ve only blogged about vacation. Despite all evidence to the contrary, I swear I am slowly acclimating back to my normal life. Maybe slowly is the wrong word because it feels more like I jumped head first into an ice bath.
In any event, I’m getting back into the swing of things, and just to prove it (or really because it’s time for our Week In Review), I think we should list out what I’ve been getting down and dirty with…literally, in the last seven days.
Let’s get listing:
- When an opportunity to clean arises, me and my self-diagnosed OCD take advantage of the situation. Right before vacation, the Hubby and I ate all the perishables in the fridge, so when we got back, I saw an opportunity. I went to town on the fridge, leaving no surface unscathed in my mad cleaning frenzy. It felt good. Clean fridges, hell clean anything, make me giddy.
- Then I went grocery shopping so I could fill that bad boy back up…and eat because eating is of the utmost importance.
- I worked thirty-five hours on the job. Ya know, the one which pays for my ridiculous grocery bills.
- I wrote and published three photo heavy blog posts, all about my vacation in Brussels and Amsterdam. Sigh.
- I did oodles, or if you want to get all technical about it, baskets of laundry. What is it about vacations that seem to triple the amount of dirty clothes? Seriously, I don’t understand it.
- I hit up a farmers market and bought more produce than I should have, except is there really such a thing as too much? By the way, multiply the strawberries you see in the below picture by four. Yep, I got a little carried away, but I couldn’t help myself. I was mesmerized by the strawberries, and I’m pretty sure I heard them whispering my name or maybe that’s just leftover inner ear disturbance from the airplane. Whatever.
- I started planting flowers in the yard, with started being the operative word. I have several flats left and miles and miles to go before I sleep. Kidding, I need my beauty sleep; the flowers can wait.
- I made Banana Strawberry Muffins for one of my besties because she just gave birth to a baby boy. That’s right I’m an Auntie now, and I’m going to be the best Auntie ever because I’m not at all competitive.
- I, along with the Hubby, spent literally all day Sunday cleaning our screened porch. When we bought the house, it was marketed as a three seasons room, but let’s be real; we live in Ohio so there is no way we use this room for three full seasons. Also, since there are only screens, it’s open to the elements all winter long, which is code for it gets filthy, and I’m putting it mildly. It took the pair of us over six hours and a cajillion buckets of water, but it was worth it because our summer sanctuary is now complete.
On that note, I’m going to wrap it up, so I can hear from all of you. Link up and let me know what you’ve been up to. If you’re new to the Week In Review, you can click here to get the rules (not that I’m big on rules), and see what it’s all about. Come and join us and our wicked ways. Alright, I suppose there’s nothing wicked going on unless you count overbuying strawberries as wicked. Me, I think letting those perfect berries spoil would be the true crime, and that’s not going to happen; not on my watch.
What did you do this weekend? Do you enjoy a freshly cleaned fridge? Do you have a summer sanctuary at your house?