Today we’re going to Think Out Loud.
I know you’re wondering, “well how is that different from any other day around here?” It’s not, but I do get to join a link up party for my girl Amanda, also know as Blogging Gold, or if you want to get all technical about it Running With Spoons. Since I like pretty much all parties, well except the ones which end in a prayer to the porcelain god (it’s been a long time since that happened; see I am growing up) or the ones that involve twelve screaming kids aged four or less wanting to eat all the sugar now (my grown up card just got revoked). I like link up parties, especially ones where I get to blather on about nothing and share my random thoughts. It’s perfect for me; plays to my strengths so to speak and it might just involve some bullet points.
I say let’s get listing (cracks knuckles, dusts off shoulder):
- Despite my cockiness from a paragraph before, I am working much too much right now. I’m basically working my tookus off, which is unfortunate because I don’t have much of an ass to begin with. I’m putting in solid eight, ten and sometimes twelve-hour days, which is par for the course this time of year, but it feels like I have the weight of the world (or at least my work world) on my shoulders. That’s a hell of a lot of pressure.
- An unfortunate side effect of working too hard is you end your day with mush for brains. It’s kinda like oats in a jar, but worse. I had grand plans to join the What I Ate Wednesday party yesterday and I even took pictures of all my Saturday eats, but by the time I got home from work on Tuesday night, I couldn’t write. Not a single sentence.
- When everything is manic and nutso (more technical terms) at the office, my mind has a mantra which airs on repeat: gym, gym, go to the gym, gym, gym, go to the gym. My lunchtime workouts are my salvation. It’s one of the main reasons I’m able to keep what little sanity I have left. Scratch that, I did some fitness room twerking yesterday, so I’m pretty sure my sanity is gone. I’m also too old to twerk so that was a one and done. Kitchen dance parties, on the other hand, are my jam.
- Speaking of kitchen dance parties, I’ve been listening to this song on repeat. I swear I’ve shared this little ditty on the blog before, but I’ve searched high and low to no avail. I try to start my day with this, along with my morning cup of coffee.
- When I’m not twerking or shaking my groove thang (yeah, yeah), I’ve been listening to Jillian Michaels podcasts like they’re going out of style. Hell for all I know, they already are, but I find them oddly relaxing and reassuring. I might have even learned a thing or two. Gasp; there I go growing up again.
- Last but certainly not least, I’m switching up the Week In Review link up party on Monday morning. I’m going for a Holiday Edition, where I list out all the happy things involved with getting ready for the holidays (making a list, checking it twice), including some of my favorite traditions. Balls are involved. You should come. Bring a blog post and a friend.
That about sums about what’s happening in my little bitty mush mind right now: work, gym, and dancing balls. Good times happening in my head; good times.
What are some of the thoughts floating through your head? Personally, I think you must be exhausted because you’ve been running through my mind all day. Yep, my sanity is gone. Do you listen to any podcasts? If so, which ones?