I so badly wanted to do a light and fluffy themed holiday post today.
Somebody had other plans for me, or perhaps the sheer amount of hours coupled with my work stress caught up with me, because I spent this entire weekend on a bed or a couch shivering out a 101 degree fever. In fact, as I sit here typing, I’m slightly delirious, and yes very much still feverish, so I guess I haven’t actually shivered it out. Rats. It started off with a simple throat tickle Saturday morning and then amassed into something else entirely. I had a brief moment of clarity on Sunday afternoon, but it was false since it didn’t last. No matter, I promised you a Holiday In Review Edition, and I plan to deliver.
Today, we’re going to recap all the lovely, joyous and sometimes cuss worthy things that go towards getting holiday ready. It doesn’t matter if you celebrate Hanukkah, Kwanza, Winter Solstice, or Christmas, this is your chance to share what goes into your holiday planning and overall merriment. If it’s holiday related, this is the link up for you, and since this is likely my last post until the New Year, I’ll keep the link up open until then.
Let’s get listing:
- Cross your fingers, wrinkle your toes, blink your eyes four times and then hope for a white Christmas, if Christmas is your thing.
- Decorate the tree with as many balls as possible. This one is super important for obvious reasons.
- Make Orange Cranberry Granola for your coworkers or rather have the Hubby make Orange Cranberry Granola because you don’t have the strength or stamina. Plus infecting your entire office this time of year would be bad and might not be appreciated.
- Hang your holiday cards with care. Lament the fact you didn’t send out any of your own for the first time in ten plus years.
- Watch The Sound of Music, an old tradition starting by my mom and continued by me. Now this might be the fever talking, but I’m telling you, Julie Andrews never looked so good.
- Make scones for the neighbors, which translates to have the Hubby makes scones for the neighbors. Since he hasn’t actually done this step yet, there’s no photographic evidence to share. I find this to be unacceptable, so I’ll share the Danish Puff Pastry we gifted them last year instead.
- Last but most certainly not least, take some selfies at your Firm’s Holiday Party for the sole purpose of joining Arman’s holiday Spill It Sunday link up, where selfies run rampant.
Have a safe, happy and healthy Holiday.
Since I’ve been ingesting massive amounts of water, tea, fruits and veggies, I’m sure the healthy will catch up with me soon.
See ya on the flip side.
Interested in participating in the Week In Review: Holiday Style?
Let’s pretend I put a Santa Claus hat on this button. I really wanted to, but honestly even that seems daunting in my current state.
The Holiday In Review is a list, in its purest form, of all the holiday things: the preparation, the post holiday traditions, the merriment and the booze. Sorry, I don’t know where the last one came from. Want in? Grab the Week in Review button for your post, link back to Clean Eats, Fast Feets and get your list on.
What are you doing for the Holidays? Any traveling?