Get your pads and pens ready because it’s time for the Week In Review.
The Week In Review is a list, in its purest form, not of the things you still need to do, but of all the things you have done in the last seven days. It’s an achievement list, an ode to yourself, a celebration of sorts, and a virtual pat on the back.
Need more details? Head here. ♫ You can do it, put your list into it. ♫
Let’s get listing:
- I worked 40 plus hours on the day job, including some at night.
- I did take a break long enough to have lunch with an old friend though, and I don’t mean the sweet potato fries. I’ve seen lots of those lately.
- I mentally did tons of laundry and actually washed all the sheets. There’s something magical about clean sheets, hygienic even.
- After ignoring it for weeks, I knuckled down and knocked out my puzzle.
- I napped a lot. It’s my new thing.
- Speaking of prepping for parenthood, I grounded Oscar. He spent Saturday night off gallivanting and all day Sunday sleeping it off. Typical teenager.
- Courtesy of Love Grown, I devoured my first Hot Oats Muffin. I didn’t hate it. In fact, I’m looking forward to doing it again.
- I wrote and published three blog posts, two of which were recipes: Oven Roasted Candied Walnuts and Savory Parmesan Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Who am I?
- I met up with my girl Kirsten from Farm Fresh Feasts for brunch. Anytime she gets near Cleveland, we make it a point to share food, blogging stories, and veggie tips, sometimes literally.
- By way of cooking, I made some pasta sauce, a slew of broccoli, a batch of plain granola and another round of Candied Nuts.
- I celebrated my mother in law’s birthday at Forage Public House with their ultra creamy, balsamic topped, and herb encrusted Vegan Mac and Cheese.
And here’s what it looks like during the daylight hours.
- Last but certainly not least, I went to the Cleveland Food Show with the Hubby and tried all the samples, after monkeying around of course. Quick, somebody give me a banana.
I would have gotten a little crazier, except there was a small child waiting to take her picture with the monkeys, so I did my best to be appropriate. It was a struggle.
Your turn. I want to hear from you. Link up and get yo’ list on.
What are three things you accomplished in the last week?