With only three ingredients, this easy and elegant Winter Pear Salad will elevate your table this holiday season and make you the toast of the town, glitter and all.
My brain is like a squirrel on steroids right now.
…or ♫ “M.C. Hammer on crack, Humpty. That’s all right ’cause my body’s in motion
It’s supposed to look like a fit or a convulsion…”♫
Needless to say, my self diagnosed, yet no less valid, ADD is raring and ready to go. My mind is firing a million miles a minutes, and I’m not sure if it’s the pregnancy hormones, work stress, holiday shenanigans or a straight up lack of booze in my life, but I’ve written this intro about twelve times and gone twenty different directions; not a single one was coherent either. I actually went on a tangent about Kings and Queens with peppermint strudels and snickerbread doodles.
Yeah, so um, I think I really need a barrel of beer, which is ironic since it never appealed to me much before. I was always a cider girl, yet the tiny human taking over my insides appears to be drawn to hops and yeast.
Instead of fighting my crazy though, I’ve decided to embrace it, which means we’re going bullet points today and we’re doing it Out Loud and all over the place. The messier, the better. Thanks for hosting Ms. Amanda.
- I am tired of seeing dessert recipes splattered all over the internet.
- Mainly because I don’t have the motivation to make them.
- It’s much more practical if they’re live and in person, like the two cupcakes I housed yesterday.
- Oops, my bad.
- I would have rather had a beer.
- It might have made the politics go down… ♫ the politics go down, the politics go down, in the most delightful way. ♫
- Not really.
- The debates remind me of a political versus of the Housewives, only bitchier.
- They really should get Andy Cohen to cohost.
- ♫ The Humpty Dance it’s your chance, do the hump. ♫
- Go with it, it’s easier.
- Speaking of, raise your hand if you’re easy.
- Or want easy in your life right now.
- Or don’t give a damn which version I’m talking about.
- I am seeking simplicity in so many ways.
- Especially in my edibles.
- A girl’s gotta eat.
- And a pregnant woman needs to eat about thirty seconds after she realizes it.
- Which is why this Winter Pear Salad is perfect.
- It’s simplicity in spades.
- It’s only three total ingredients, no cooking involved.
- It’s sweet without being chocolate.
- It’s salty without being overt.
- And it’s hydrating thanks to the pears.
- It’s also packed with vitamins, minerals, the right kinds of fat and fiber galore.
- Yeah, it screams healthy and tastes phenomenal too.
- All while being easy to make and elegant on your plate.
- Or bowl.
- Whatever, you get the idea.
Make this salad. Share it with your loved ones. You, the Humpty Dance, Andy Cohen and Mary Poppins can thank me later.
- 2 Ripe Pears, Anjou, Bartlett, or Bosc*
- 2 Tbsps. Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsps. Walnuts or Candied Walnuts**
- Wash and chop pears into bite sized chunks. Add to a serving bowl, top with blue cheese crumbles and walnuts.
- *The most important part is your pears are ripe. Cut a small piece off. If it's soft and juicy, go for it. If it's hard and less than sweet, hold off or choose a different pear.
- **Feel free to use regular walnuts or Candied Walnuts. I've used both with equal success. My recipe for Candied Walnuts is the link right below.
What’s your favorite non-green salad? Are you craving simplicity right now too? Tell me about it.